Fix Roku Error Code 005
Basic & Advanced Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Roku Error Code 005
When you focus on installing the Roku software updates, you get to see this mistake. The process terminates for any reason related to network connectivity. You’ll see Roku error code 005 on the show as a result. Read this article to learn how the error can be corrected.
Basic Troubleshooting to Resolve Roku Error 005
To fix Roku Error 005; here are some prime checks that you should do;
- Switch off your Roku; box, TV, or Stick when the Power Cable is removed.
- All of the lights will go off on your Roku devices.
- Turn off your router, and remove the power cable from the power socket.
- Give it some rest and wait 4-5 minutes, then plug the power cable back in and turn on your WiFi router.
- Let your router complete its reboot process; wait until all of the LEDs on the router indicate ready status.
- In the meantime check whether your other devices can connect to the internet via your WiFi router.
- Now restart your Roku device again with the power cable attached to it and another end in the power socket.
- Now go into the Roku device’s main settings and reconnect your Roku to the WiFi network.
- Verify that you connect to the correct WiFi network and provide the correct password.
- Go to roku.com/link if necessary, and complete the Roku Activation stage.
Click here to get step by step instructions on using the activation code for Roku device activation.
Now, when all of the connected devices rebooted. This will most likely settle the glitches. Your Roku device will now be able to work as normal. In addition, Roku software can be modified early. That means Roku code 005 error doesn’t bother you anymore.
Unfortunately, if this doesn’t make you feel settled; don’t lose hope. You can still try solving Roku error 005 with some advanced level troubleshooting measures. Continue reading to learn more.
Advanced Troubleshooting Steps to Resolve Roku Error Code 005
Check out some fantastic advanced troubleshooting actions to fix Roku error code 005. Let’s review in details; what these are:
Use the Ethernet Cable
In most digital devices, using Ethernet cable works mainly to overcome the communication issue. Luckily there is also an Ethernet port within the Roku device. Here’s how to deal with this:
- Make sure your Roku system is switched on and the router works perfectly.
- Get a suitable Ethernet cable to connect its one end to the Roku device and another end to the router.
- Check whether your Roku’s connected to the Internet now.
The best choice is to use Ethernet cable for access to the WiFi network.
Check Roku Server status
Any issue at the end of the Roku server will cause you temporary problems. Whether it’s upgrading servers or maintaining servers; you’re not going to be able to enjoy your things.
You can see all of these-Roku error code 001, 003, 009, 016, 018, etc.
- Test online forums to see if other users are getting similar information.
- Check Google to find Roku Server updates.
- To check the status of the Roku server; scan the google.
- The question at the end of the Roku server isn’t something the universe should ignore; you’ll probably get updates.
You are helpless in such a circumstance; you can’t do anything to get Roku back into work. Sit back and wait until the Roku server ends operation.
Examine Roku Network Settings
Roku has some limitations on connecting to the Internet over specific network security protocol standards. You should try changing your contemporary protocol settings to fix Roku error code 005. Do what’s next:
- Access your router admin interface.
- Go to the router’s settings.
- Check IP address settings. It should be identical to your router’s IP address.
- Also, check the “Wireless Security”; it should be WPAK2-PSK (TKIP)
Done with all these settings? Now restart Roku and try to connect it again to a WiFi network. If you get internet access, that means Roku error 005 has been resolved. Talk to the experts to get any further help. Here is the Roku helpline toll-free number: