How to Fix Roku Overheating in 2020 | Easy Guide
Every electronic instrument has its own collection of merits and demerits. Overheating of Roku devices is a known issue and can sometimes be dangerous.
So when you see an overheating alert on your device, it is best to take the necessary precautions. If you’re using a Roku device then your device’s temperature test is an extremely important parameter you shouldn’t forget.
When you use it for a long period of time to stream on your Roku device, it might get heated very quickly. Doing the daily temperature test of your Roku device and keeping the right temperature level around your system will help you solve this problem of overheating the Roku device.
Check the warning sign on your Roku Device – Roku Device Overheating
- Most Roku player apps have a front-facing white light display. If you see this LED light turning solid red it means your Roku device gets overheated.
- In reality, Constant Red Light is a warning sign you get when your Roku device is overheated. On the opposite, if you see a constant flashing of this red light, it means the device is low on power.
- Besides that, you’ll also see a pop-up warning on your screen that says your device is overheated.
- In order to avoid Roku device overheating, we suggest you follow these simple steps
- Switch the Roku device off by unplugging the power cable and allowing it to cool for a while. Make sure you do not put any cabinet or enclosed spaces on your Roku device.
- Your device gets hit at times and shows signs of Roku overheating that can be easily fixed by restarting your device.
- Your device should avoid displaying the warning signs while running a restart.
Do not put your Roku player at the top of the set-top box, router, or any similar unit.
- Once it gets cool down, rebooting can start.
- Try to place your device far away from sunlight, enclosed spaces, and other electronic equipment in a cooler place.
- Wait to cool down for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Once it gets cooler, plug the cable back and wait to get it switched on.
- If you see Roku overheating message appearing on the screen or solid red light appearing on its monitor, power it off immediately.
- You can repeat step 3 again, and then test if it returns to normal.
Usually, if you follow the above steps, your device will return to its normal temperature and you can enjoy continuous streaming on your Roku player. But, if you’re still facing the Roku device overheating problem then we recommend you stop using your device immediately and seek an expert ‘s support to solve this problem.
- Best Roku Private Channels
- Netflix Not Working On Roku
- Resolving the Roku Internet Connectivity Issues
To get instant help on Roku Overheating dial the toll-free Roku Helpline number: